Sunday, August 5, 2012

back with the boys

3 shows down! The Foreigner train keeps rolling and I just hopped back on. Big thanks to my buddy Ollie Marland who stepped in and did a fabulous job subbing for me on keys while I was out.
 Food wise I have to say it has been a bit of a challenge. My steady diet of hi quality natural foods has not been as steady..though I have landed at a couple of Whole Foods markets so far: one in Tyson's Corner, Virginia, and another in Norwalk, Connecticut. I have found that I need to branch out to more chicken and fish to be sure to get enough protein. I'm about 12 pounds lighter than I was before the diagnosis, and it has been stressed that I shouldn't  get too skinny before surgery so i'm trying to pack a few pounds back on.
 The herbs and supplements are still in the picture, and I have added some Graviola to the mix which is rumored to have some cancer fighting properties.
 We just flew in to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Canada and we have the day off tomorrow. I'll be hunting down some vegetarian spots and doing lots of walking around the city exploring.

2 comments:

  1. Try and eat more dense/extra firm tofu (but make sure you get it prepared in a non boring way - I'd suggest slicing it up, and frying it in coconut oil and soy or tamari sauce.) it's quick and easy to prepare. Those tofu slices are pretty fantastic in sandwiches too (especially with peanut butter on toast).

    All the best with your surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    Some "Clean Slate" came on and once again I was reminded of your genius keyboard playing. You floor me...
    Anyway, I wanted to wish you all the best, and it's great to see you've been on the road.
    I hope you come to NYC soon!
    Avi

    ReplyDelete