Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chemo is done!

 Just a quick installment to report I am all done with chemotherapy! I wrapped up my 8th and final cycle this week. I'm feeling great, and I started juicing again to detox the system of any remaining chemo agents still floating around. I still seem to be hovering around my lean mean weight of about 150-155 lbs, but I am eating well and have lots of energy.
 The last hurdle will happen next month on march 15 when I do my ileostomy reversal surgery. This is apparently less invasive and taxing than the original surgery I did to remove the tumor, but I will be spending a few days in the hospital following the surgery, and I'll be taking it super easy after that for a little while to recover.
 That's it for now. I'm about to catch a plane for New Orleans. Foreigner is doing a private event there smack dab in the middle of Mardi Gras weekend. Looking forward to enjoying a bit of the revelry, and of course sampling some beignets from Cafe Du Monde!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations Michael! I'm so happy! Its totally inspiring to follow your journey through this and soak up a bit of your positive energy around it. I'm really impressed by your courage and your good attitude! Lots of love and ongoing
    healing vibes to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sally! the encouragement and love from all my friends has been so invaluable. hope to see you and Nabil soon.

    ReplyDelete